Federal funding for this website ended in 2003, therefore few materials have been added since that time. Fortunately, there is continued interest in culturally and appropriate materials, curriculum, and programs. Because of this, we have allowed this site to remain as an archive. Please feel free to use this site, but recognize that it is no longer current.
Contribute Materials to the CLAS Institute
- Do you have materials that can be used with children from birth to five years of age from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds?
- Do you have materials that can be used with or by families from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds?
- Do you have materials that can be used to prepare personnel who will work with these children and families?
- Do you have materials for young children, families, and personnel that seem to be effective across cultural and linguistic backgrounds?
- Do you have materials related to early childhood, early intervention, or diversity developed in languages other than English?
We are looking for a wide variety of early childhood materials including materials for early intervention/early childhood special education
We are interested in personnel preparation and other staff training materials, information packets and brochures for parents, child find materials, child and family assessment tools, resource or curriculum materials in many areas including:
- behavior management and discipline
- cognitive development
- emerging literacy
- family assessment
- motor development
- parent-infant interaction
- second language acquisition
- service coordination
- social support network
* Please note that we are also very interested in locally-developed or homegrown materials.
These materials can be in print, videotape, audiotape, electronic, or other multimedia formats.